Improve the quality of care for your employees and their families. A personalized wellness program for self-insured employers to target the rising costs of healthcare claims and the growing spend on pharmacy/prescriptions. An interactive wellness experience focused on the improvement of health outcomes for the employee and the employees’ family members.
By implementing targeted genetic testing into an existing or a new wellness initiative, employers can reduce their total pharmacy exposure. Reduce the total number of prescriptions while optimizing your Rx spend by eliminating drugs that are not efficacious to the individual.
What is Pharmacogenomics (PGx)?
Pharmacogenomics is the study of genetic differences in metabolic pathways which can affect individual responses to drugs, both in terms of therapeutic effect as well as adverse effects.
Why PGx (Pharmacogenomic) testing?
- Adverse Drug Reactions are on the rise in the US. There are over 100,000 deaths and 2 Million adverse drug events in the US annually. Many of these could be prevented if the physician knew the patient could not tolerate certain medicationsADR’s are now the 4th leading cause of death in the US
- Most physicians are not familiar with RAW genetic results – PGx testing and results enable the physician to determine which
medications to prescribe based on the individual
- Enhancing Patient Outcomes through molecular screening
- The average post-acute care nursing home patient is on 15.2 medications.
- The costs have become unsustainable
- Many of the drugs are offsetting side effects not targeting clinical efficacy
- Over-prescribing is a band-aid approach to eliminate readmissions to the hospitals
- Physicians are under intense pressure to act responsibly and often conservatively
How do you determine who should be tested?
Evidence-based protocols based on medical necessity assist and guide physicians to determine which patients to test based on the following criteria:
|New Patients||No treatment history for the condition/medication|
|All Patients||History of medication sensitivity or ADEs to current meds.|
|All Patients||Failure of previous medications to provide therapeutic value|
|All Patients||On multiple medications|
|All Patients||Experiencing unpleasant or intolerable side effects of current meds|
|All Patients||Suspected of abusing or diverting medication|
How does PGx testing benefit the patient?
- Not everyone responds to a drug or medication in the same way
- Each individual has their own unique genetic makeup, which affects the way their bodies respond to a disease and treatment
- PGx uses information about a person’s genetic make up to choose the drugs and drug doses that are likely to work best for that person as well as determining the proper drug-to-drug combinations
How does PGx testing benefit the physician?
- Improve & revolutionize patient care though PGx testing
- Actionable data at the point of care
- Tools to follow medical necessity protocols and track outcomes
- Incorporating personalized medicine techniques is a competitive advantage
- Provides ancillary revenue source for your practice (Precision Genetics LCS Model)
What gene panels do we offer? (See attached PGx panel list)
YOUR MEDICINES SHOULD WORK, RIGHT?
They should but they may not. Your unique genetics means your medicine may not be working right…or not working at all. Let Precision Genetics help your healthcare provider identify the best plan for your prescription medication.